Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Salam Maal Hijrah 1430H and New Year 2009AD

I pray that the new year 1430H and 2009AD will bring more happiness and prosperity to you.

I woke up late this morning and quickly jumped to the balcony to gauge the time (I should just check the clock, shouldn't I) and to my surprise there was fog everywhere in my sight. It was quite a thick fog with visibility around 5-10 metres. It was a fantastic view and suddenly it reminded me of a lyric in a black metal band called Dark Throne. I quickly checked my Ipod whether I have the song, but I didnt have it.


Normal view



this morning

At the time of writing this posting around 4pm, a cloud of fog have already blanketed my office window at level 18th. I couldnt see the sea anymore. I thought - "what a foggy day to end the year 2008 yeah.."


Anyway, amid the crisis ridden 2008, the past 12 months have been a productive year for me considering that I received a bonus from my KL company in February, raised a healthy baby, played some fantastic gigs with Dewangga Sakti locally and abroad and of course, made the big decision of moving to Dubai in October.

So tonight I will be at home on the eve of the new year 2009. Maybe I watch a few movies at home or smoke shisha at lebanese restaurant down the blocks or finish up reading Jeffrey Archer's False Imprisonment (I bought it in a newly opened first Kinokuniya bookstore in Dubai Mall, i love Kino..). A few of my colleagues will get drunk tonight, some will go to Shakira concert in Abu Dhabi, some will go clubbing...all these are really not my thang.

My new year resolutions - A LOT ! but let me keep it to myself at the moment.


My dream car? ..no lah


So close but yet...

Well.. I wish I had a Macbook and a bass guitar now.


Cheers to a new year and another chance to get it right

Oprah Winfrey





10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salam double tahun baru bro..

Konsert Shakira?
Wow!
: )

hady said...

i love the foggy thingy,
feels like salji nak turun,
(hehe, jangan haraplah ada salji di dubai..)

shakira! wow!

salam tahun baru 2009
may all ur wishes come true..

Anonymous said...

HAppy new year Along.

M.Adrin tgh lari2 dari dpn sampai dapur..=D

Ifila Saila said...

memang name je negara arab, tapi hakikatnya dah jauh kebaratan daripada tanahair kita malaysia.. harap2 along dapat bertahan dgn ujian dan dugaan..

dah dekat arab tu,ambil2lah masa utk mengimbau kembali sejarah Rasulullah berhijrah dari mekah ke madinah.. bukan kerana lari atau takutkan musuh, tapi kerana memikul arahan dan menjalankan tanggungjawab dari Tuhan.. dan hasilnya, Islam terus berkembang..

Selamat Tahun Baru 1430 Hijrah

Ziarah76 said...

selamat tahun baru 1430 hijrah, long. "may be this year would be better than the last" - counting crow said in one of their song.

cohong gym said...

Aku pun sama macam kau, lepak kat rumah je. Tengok bunga api dari balconi rumah aku pun best

doremon said...

finally, menulis jugak budak along ni. lama betul senyap. belum lambat lagi kot nak wish selamat tahun baru hijrah to you. hmm aku buat apa ek malam tahun baru hijrah baru nu??? emmmm ... haaa ingat dah, dengar ceramah maal hijrah kat surau he he he

Ifila Saila said...

along.. bila free drop by blog aku http://bengkelrohani.blogspot.com/
syukriah.. yallah.. aiwah..!

Syamsulfaiz said...

Terima kasih semua member2 blogger.

Harapannya kehidupan kita jadi lebih menarik tahun ni ye.

Yehaaa..

Lab papa said...

Bro, semoga di tahun baru bertambah rezeki dan selamat dunia akhirat.

Tu foggy thing, pretty scary actually, it reminds me the movie "the mist" by stephen king.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails