Saturday, October 9, 2010

Old Wish List


When I was in a mountaineering club during university years there were two things I wanted the most, Karrimor Condor 80 litres and Teva sandal. These two branded items are the best gears a mountaineer could have. But I just could dream about it since these items were way out of my student's wallet. Nevertheless I still enjoyed my climbing years despite not having the best gears. Really, it was not about the gears but the spirit and passion about mountains and climbing.

Anyway the other day I was shopping around for a squash racquet and I found a corner full of Teva sandals and shoes. I got excited and immediately tried 2-3 pairs of this legendary sandals. Of course the price was still expensive. But I can afford it now. At the end I decided not to buy it. It guess I had passed it. Maybe if I climb again, I will buy it.

"The old dreams were good dreams; they didn't work out but I'm glad I had them."
Robert James Waller

1 comment:

cohong gym said...

tak payah beli la, kau bukan nak panjat gunung lagi. simpan je duit tu dalam tabung, bila dah cukup nanti, bole la beli moto. masa tu dah tak pandang dah sandle teva tu. masa tu kau sibuk nak beli riding boots pulak

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails